Friday, July 6, 2007

The Feeling - Worth the wait


The Feeling - Talk about being hooked on The Feeling. This U.K. band delivers an amalgam of harmonic melodies and catchy choruses that reaches full fruition on its Cherrytree/Interscope debut, Twelve Stops and Home, which has already produced a pair of Top 10 international hit singles in "Sewn" and "Fill My Little World."
The quintet's sonic touchstones range from the classic (the Beatles, the Stones, the Kinks, Queen, The Carpenters and the Beach Boys) to the more esoteric (10cc, Abba, the Human League and the Pet Shop Boys) to the timeless (Cole Porter, Irving Berlin, Harold Arlen).

I was all alone in Germany for a month, wondering how to kill time during the week days.Luckily there was a music channel coming in the TV which telecasts english songs too.I heard the song SEWN from this band, I just fell in love with the song at the first time itself.

Everyday I heard the song in the same channel and my love for the song increased day by day.I usually download the songs which I listen in my favourite channel VH1 often (coutesy http://www.emp3finder.com/). But I could not find any of their songs.I browsed the web for hours, but all the time I left disappointed.

I came back to India after one month of boring stay in Germany.I watched the same song in VH1 and again I started haunting for the song, but still couldnt find it.Even searched in all music stores in Chennai, Bangalore and Coimbatore, still cudnt find the bloody album.I almost searched for a year and finally got the album.I could nt control myself seeing the album in Landmark.I wanted the album for the single song SEWN, but listening to the other songs in the album I felt lost in their lovely music.They ve become one of my favourite artists and waiting for their next album.


Its definitely worth the wait :).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

gtalk status message eh ? :)

Siraj said...

@Ranjitha: Ya i gotit after a very long time.So wanted to pin that down and spread my joy across.